Monday, October 8, 2007

Sunday Morning Coming Down

So I won't embellish too much on details from this weekend, not for lack of experiential excitement, but more out of a respect for this venue and the need to keep it somewhat PG. The weekend involved night managers of 4 star hotels, canadian squatters, an eclectic group of friends, and everything in between. It was a blast.

So I just got an email back from the director of MARENA in the San Carlos region of Nicaragua. MARENA is equivalent of a Ministry of Natural Resources. I had inquired two weeks ago about fishing licenses for Graham and I. He just emailed me back with instructions. The laundry list of hoops makes it seem like I am applying for a passport. I guess they take their fishing seriously-just like me. I just hope all our paperwork is in order when we get there. I'm guessing we will have to contribute one more piece of paperwork, courtesy of Mr. Grant or even Mr. Franklin, depending on how much we want to lubricate the bureaucracy.

It has just settled in that I am leaving in a week. I haven't ever really done a trip like this abroad, unless you count Canada, so it is a bit daunting. I just spent the last hour searching for my passport. That's an important piece of trip equipment. My collection of flies tied especially for this trip is growing, ever so slowly, but I think we'll have enough. Man I'm getting excited.

No comments: