Friday, April 25, 2008

Spring Skiing--Peak 1



this was our first view of the peak



So I've been dying to ski Peak 1 of the Tenmile Range, just behind my house. Its such an asthetic mountain to ski, plus I can leave right from my place. How pleasing it was not to have to drive anywhere. It was a CC extravanganza as Josh and Jenny came with me. Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun. Here's some photos...




the last push...

Scree!


the rollover at the top was substantial


We traversed below the 100ft cliffband and opted for a more northerly aspect. Corn skiing all the way down!

Jenny is a mere dot. This was a big mountain: 3800 vertical feet of climbing from my house to the peak.

Jenny showing us how to ski.

Jenny Haywood

Mountains were made to be skied. SKI THE SNOW!

Reed trying not to fall...

Jenny and Josh at the bottom of the cirque.

No comments: